As a lender which supports – and is supported by – the broker community, many of our opportunities are introduced to us by the leading intermediary firms. However, Atelier also has a direct channel for those borrowers who opt to deal directly with us. To ensure we meet the needs of direct borrowers, an opening has arisen to originate lending opportunities and manage ‘direct to market’ relationships:
- With your existing relationships and through new prospects generated by our marketing activities, deliver the Atelier message on lending appetite and solutions.
- Foster relationships and business opportunities, which may include offsite and onsite meetings.
- Filter opportunities and gather detailed information for the credit team to assess.
Credit & Loan Closing
- Sense-checking opportunities for structure, purpose, reasonableness, and viability.
- Ensuring that our lending requirements are clearly articulated at the outset and agreeing terms with the borrower.
- Assisting the credit and legal teams in closing the loan.
- First and foremost, Atelier is a high-touch relationship service so excellent communication skils are a key requirement in this role. Our strong preference is for communication to be via phone rather than email and, where practical, face-to-face with our borrowers.
- Ensuring our systems are always up to date and all opportunities logged.
It is our strong preference that candidates have a real estate finance background and training at a major bank or other financial institution, and recent experience with an alternative lender in the bridging or development space.
Think Atelier is the place for you?
Click apply now and attach a copy of your CV and a covering email telling us a bit more about you and why you're excited about this opportunity.
Read the latest from Atelier
The short-term lending and property markets move fast. Take a look at our takes on the latest developments within UK residential and commercial development, as well as our latest press coverage and company news.