Senior Investment Manager (SIM)
Investment Managers are Atelier’s credit gatekeepers and play a key role in delivering our promise of better property finance, by design. The SIM will have the following responsibilities:
- Supporting the Origination team ‘upstream’ through the initial review of potential new business opportunities.
- Providing structuring knowledge, pricing of risk, and assisting in negotiating the Heads of Terms.
- Reviewing applications for structure, purpose, reasonableness, and viability.
- Working collaboratively with ACP’s in-house surveying and legal teams to conduct due diligence on applications and identify risks or problems.
- Writing up or overseeing written Credit Case Summaries, including Risk Assessments, Sensitivities, and Commercial Rationale.
- Presenting Credit Case Summaries to the appropriate authorising body: for example, the Credit Committee or others and in accordance with ACP Delegated Authorities.
- Working with internal and external legal counsel to ensure good and marketable title, security, and the appropriate management of legal risks.
- Closing the loan including funding and a detailed handover to the Portfolio Manager.
- Managing Credit decisions on loans post-completion. For example, further drawdowns, further advances, extensions, renewals, delinquencies, and recoveries.
It is our strong preference that candidates have a ‘classical’ real estate finance background and training in a major bank or other financial institution, and recent experience in an alternative lender in the bridging or development space.
Think Atelier is the place for you?
Click apply now and attach a copy of your CV and a covering email telling us a bit more about you and why you're excited about this opportunity.
Read the latest from Atelier
The short-term lending and property markets move fast. Take a look at our takes on the latest developments within UK residential and commercial development, as well as our latest press coverage and company news.